After years or even decades of living in your home, it’s understandable that you’re not exactly jumping up and down about packing up and moving out. You’ve made memories in the house, you’ve fixed things up, and made it your own. So if the time has finally come to move on, whether it’s because you’re downsizing or relocating, it means getting the house ready, putting it on the market, and waiting for the offers to come rolling in. Except sometimes the process isn’t always that smooth. Sometimes, you just want to sell your house fast so you can move on quickly. So is a cash offer a process that works better for your situation? Here are the basic steps involved in a traditional home sale with a real estate agent and the steps for a cash offer sale.
PROVIDING QUALITY INVESTMENT OPTIONS
in Baltimore and Surrounding Areas
Cash Offer Vs. Traditional Home Sale
Traditional Home Sale Process
- Choose an Agent: Sounds easy, right? Well, finding the right seller’s agent could be harder than expected. Look for an agent who has been in the industry and knows what is needed at each step of the way. When you find the right agent, you’ll know that they have your interest at heart.
- Get the House Ready: The first impressions of a home make a big difference to people who are seeing it for the first time. Clean up the outside of the home and prepare the inside by clearing out rooms as much as possible to make them appear larger. Decluttering the house is essential to showing the best parts up front. This is not the time to feel sentimental about your house.
- Review the Agreement: The agency agreement will provide critical information about selling fees, whether it’s exclusive or non-exclusive, and it will include an estimated sale price.
- Set a Selling Price: One of the most challenging parts of selling your house can be setting the price. The price of your home will depend on the market at the time and the prices of comparable homes in the area that are currently on the market. Setting the price too high could mean that the house sits on the market for longer than it needs to. Set the price too low and, especially in slow markets, the final sale price may be lower than what you were hoping.
- Vendor’s Statement: This statement will include information that the potential buyer needs to know, including if there is a mortgage, any easements, and more.
- Market the Property: Another important step of the process is marketing the property. To ensure that the house isn’t on the market for months and months, the agent will want to list the house so it has an MLS number, and various other online marketing methods for real estate.
- Inspection: When an offer has been made and both parties have agreed to the price, a home inspection will follow to determine if the house needs any repairs. The inspection will include the roof, basement, heating system, water heater, the structure of the home, plumbing, and electrical. If there are any repairs needed, it will be included in the negotiation process.
- Negotiation: This can be a complicated step of the process and it takes an experienced real estate agent to get the best deal. Negotiations can include the price of the home, if repairs are included, and even financing.
- Escrow: After an offer is accepted, escrow gives the buyer and seller an opportunity for independent parties to look over the contract and make sure everything is included and all necessary forms are completed.
- Closing: You finally made it! At the closing process, you’ll sign all required paperwork, pay any remaining fees, and you’ll receive a settlement statement.
Cash Offer Sale Process
- Find a Company: The first step of the process involves getting in touch with a company who provides cash for home sales. Look for a company who can sell your house fast, which is ultimately the most important part. Make sure there aren’t any hidden fees and make sure it isn’t a scam.
- Provide Some Information: The company will want to get some information about the house, including the age, condition, and location. Once this information is gathered, an offer for the house can be made.
- Go Over the Offer: Look over the offer to determine if it’s acceptable.
- Accept: If the offer includes what you want, you can accept the offer and you will be given cash for the home.
Do You Want to Sell Your House Fast?
As you can see, the cash offer sale process is much more straightforward, takes far less time, and involves fewer people. When you want to sell your house fast, get in touch with The Legacy Investment Group. We can speed up the home selling process so that you can move on quicker and get more money for your home. With us, you don’t have to spend additional money or time fixing up your home, you don’t have to worry about marketing your house, or if any offers will come in — all you have to do is call us, wait for an offer, and if it’s what you want, accept the offer!
Selling a house can be an emotional process, but when you’re trying to sell your house fast, it can be a way to move on quicker. Whether you’re downsizing, relocating, or any other reason, get in touch with The Legacy Investment Group to get started. We’ll help you save money and sell your house fast.